The Finest Instrument for Musical Reproduction
Abyss Headphones came about from the need for a superior way to listen to music. From the very first note you will hear musicians and instruments in a whole new way. Voices appear out of nowhere and float in between your ears. Piano is in front of you to the left, singers in the center of your forehead while drums are slightly forward of them. No electronic tricks, simply the natural sounds of the recording coming through striking emotional chords, that's Abyss.
The new AB-1266 Phi is an improved version of the original. A main improvement includes a new high-tech magnet that allows for a highly consistent magnetic field, giving its ability to a more finely tuned diaphragm to match for the clearest reproduction possible. There is no change on tonality. The improvement is in transparency, and itís quite noticeable. You can hear room ambiance and boundaries as if you were in the room listening the recording being made.
Price: $4494 / $5495 (free shipping US)
|* Deluxe Package
||** Regular Package
|Dual balanced 8 FT (2.5 meter) 3 pin XLR cable set
||Balanced 8 FT (2.5 meter) 4 pin XLR cable set
|1/4" (6.3 mm) adapter
||1/4" (6.3 mm) adapter
|4 pin XLR cable Y-adapter
|Abyss headphone stand
|Heavy leather man bag style carry case
* Recommended to pair with Woo Audio WA-234 MONO, WA5-LE/WA5 amplifiers
* 1-year manufacturer warranty
* Woo Audio is an authorized Abyss dealer.
Technical Specifications :
- Manufacturer's spec sheet
- Transducer type: Planar magnetic
- Operating principle: Semi-open
- Planar Magnetic Transducers
- Frequency response: 5 - 28khz
- Impedance: 46 Ω, nominal
- T.H.D: < 1% at full output
- Efficiency: 85 dB/1mW
- Input cable: Custom cable with mini XLR connectors
- Custom made by JPS Labs for Abyss. Internal lead wires also by JPS Labs.
- Weight: 620 grams
- Open design
- Rigid chassis consisting of left/right side frames and structural adjustable two piece headband. All components machined from solid aluminum for exceptional strength. Integrated resonance control for minimal added coloration
- Planar magnetic transducer design utilizing our proprietary very thin, very low mass diaphragm. Amazing bandwidth and low level detail retrieval in the bass, mids, and highs. No rear magnet structure typical of planar designs eliminates annoying reflections from behind allowing for a completely open sound. Matched driver pairs.
- High quality soft lambskin ear pads provide comfort and finely tuned acoustics. Unique adjustability allows for varying head shapes.
- Padded leather headband with head movement isolation, Abyss embroidered logo
- Heavy aluminum headphone stand laser engraved with the Abyss logo for easy storage and always ready to play.
- Nicely hand-crafted two-tone felt lined wooden box touting the Abyss Headphones logo secures all of the above
- Made in the USA