Sennheiser HD 820
Sennheiser HD 820
- New item! Preorder, Ships in June 2018
- Limited time, FREE premium Woo Audio headphone stand
- FREE shipping within CONUS
The new audiophile standard for closed-back headphones
For audiophiles there wasn’t any doubt: When it came to circumaural headphones the very best sound required an open back design. This axiom has now been rendered obsolete by the youngest member of the Sennheiser Audiophile Range: The closed dynamic HD 820 employ an innovative technology that makes them sound breathtakingly transparent and natural. Developed and made in Germany, they offer an incredibly realistic, natural sound field and also stand apart by the extraordinary attention given to every detail of their design. Their soft comfortable microfiber ear pads are hand crafted, providing excellent attenuation of ambient noise, while the robust metal headband includes an inner damping element. Get ready for an unparalleled listening experience.
Into the great wide open
Vivid, wide, transparent, natural. The sound field of the HD 820 is wide open. Which is not what you would expect at all from closed circumaural headphones. With the HD 820 you can explore and rediscover your music in absolute reference-class quality without intruding on the aural comfort zone of others. Thus, the HD 820 not only open up the sound field, but also new places and opportunities for you to enjoy your music.
The technology of transparency
The breakthrough transparent performance of the HD 820 has been achieved through a special innovation: Their legendary Sennheiser Ring Radiator transducers are fitted with unique glass covers. Revealing the great look of the technical component within, this visually striking feature was actually developed wholly in service to the sound: The concave glass reflects the sound waves from the rear of the transducer to an absorber, which results in minimal resonance. Thus, the sound waves are effectively “gone” like they would be in open headphones.
An all-star team of excellent components
Made in Germany, the HD 820 stand apart also because of the extraordinary attention that is given to every detail: From the extra comfortable handcrafted ear pads that insulate the listener from ambient noise, to the silvercladded OFC cables and gold-plated plugs, to the robust metal headband with an inner damping element.
Only what gets in can eventually get out. That’s why the HD 820 come with a specially tuned symmetrical, impedance-matching cable with low capacitance and a balanced 4.4 mm gold plug, which offers superior characteristics in contact resistance, and thus in sound.
- Closed-back dynamic stereo headphones
- Frequency response: 12 - 43800 Hz (-3 dB) or 6 - 48000 Hz (-10 dB)
- Impedance: 300 Ohms
- Sound pressure level (SPL): 103 dB at 1 kHz, 1V
- Special high precision headphone connectors
- 3m cable with 6.3 mm / Pentaconn / (XLR4) jack plug
- 2 year warranty
- Made in Germany
- Woo Audio is an authorized reseller
- Sennheiser HD 820 headphones x 1
- connection cable: ¼” (6.35 mm) stereo jack plug (connected ex works), unbalanced
- 4.4 mm Pentaconn stereo jack plug, balanced
- XLR-4 connector, balanced
- USB flash drive (SD-U16L version) with instruction manual (as PDF file) and individually diffuse-field frequency response curve
- instruction manual
- storage box
- microfiber cloth