- In stock, ships in 1–2 days
- Limited time, FREE shipping within CONUS
The Signature Series features the new premier MDR-Z1R headphones optimized for hi-res personal listening enjoyment. The headphones utilize a 70mm, magnesium dome HD driver for the widest frequency response (up to 120kHZ) possible; along with a lightweight aluminum coated LCP edge diaphragm, and a powerful neodymium magnet, ensuring greater velocity, less signal loss and more natural sound.
Spatial resonance is minimized thanks to the Z1R’s resonance-free housing in which an acoustic resister is used to optimally control ventilation. The headband is constructed from lightweight, flexible beta titanium for more elasticity. Both the headband and ergonomically correct ear pads are covered in genuine leather for added comfort. The balanced cable uses the new industry 4.4mm plug and the ear cup connection jack utilizes a non-magnetic plated Corson alloy jack for low resistance.
Most significantly, the MDR-Z1R was developed in collaboration with one of the top mastering engineers at Sony Music Battery Studios, who benchmarked its overall performance in comparison with his super high-end reference speakers.
- WEARING STYLE: Circumaural
- DYNAMIC TYPE: Closed, dynamic (circumaural)
- DRIVER UNIT: 2.76", dome type (CCAW Voice Coil )
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE (HZ): 4 Hz–120,000 Hz
- SENSITIVITIES (DB/MW): 100 dB/mW
- MAGNET: Neodymium
- IMPEDANCE (OHM): 64 Ω at 1 kHz
- WEIGHT: Approx. 14 oz (385 g) without cable
- Made in Japan
- MDR-Z1R headphone x 1
- Unimatch Plug Adaptor (Gold-plated)
- Headphone cable (approx. 9.84 ft, silver-coated OFC strands, Gold-plated stereo mini plug)
- Balanced-connection headphone cable (approx. 3.94 ft silver-coated OFC strands, L-shaped gold plated balanced standard plug)
- Hard Case
- Owner's manual
- Warranty card