WDS-1 Reference DAC
WDS-1 Reference DAC
- In stock, Ships in 1–2 days
- Add 3% for international orders
WDS-1 Reference digital-to-analog converter (DAC) is an exceptionally high-quality digital audio playback component designed for serious music lovers. It is the perfect companion for any computer audio system or digital disc playback system that has a digital output, including state of the art WTP-1 CD transport.
The WDS-1 continues Woo Audio's commitment to musical purity by avoiding digital manipulation techniques such as upsampling or oversampling, preferring instead to maintain the integrity of the original signal. It achieves a natural and refined sound that will satisfy even the most demanding audiophile.
The WDS-1 audiophile DAC is precision-built to Woo Audio's exacting standards. It features separate power supplies for digital and analog circuits, a custom-built toroidal power transformer, and multi-layer military-grade printed circuit boards (PCBs). A digital volume control allows for direct connection to any power amplifier so that the use of a preamplifier becomes optional. Maximum output can be set at either two or four volts to suit different amplifier and speaker combinations. The WDS-1 supports a range of standard input types, including USB 2.0, and offers resolution up to 24-bit, 192kHz for all inputs.
Woo Audio's inspired design boasts an extruded all-aluminum chassis comprising visible layers. This design feature is also incorporated into Woo Audio's highly acclaimed WTP-1 CD transport with which the WDS-1 integrates seamlessly. The pair can be stacked and look stunning together. As with the WTP-1, no screws are visible on the unit whatever the viewing angle. The pair can share an on-off switch if this is desired. The WDS-1 is also compatible with the premium remote control that comes as standard with the WTP-1. The remote control is available as an optional extra for customers who will not be purchasing the WTP-1.
The WDS-1 Reference DAC offers a pure and neutral sound that you have been seeking. Whether your digital music source is computer or disc-based, pairing it with the Woo Audio WDS-1 is a deeply satisfying musical experience.
- 24-Bit, 192kHz high-resolution playback
- Ultra-low jitter USB 2.0 runs on Asynchronous mode
- Inputs: 1 USB-B, 1 coaxial (RCA), 1 optical (TOSLINK), 1 AES/EBU (XLR)
- Outputs: 1 RCA (unbalanced), 1 XLR (balanced)
- Digital volume control allows for direct connection to any power amplifier
- VFD monitor display for inputs, sampling rate, filter, and volume
- Input switching button for all digital inputs
- Selectable digital filter in Sharp and Slow modes
- Extruded all-aluminum chassis with no screws visible from any viewing angles
- Individual power supplies for both digital and analog circuitries
- Multi-layer military grade PCBs
- Customized driver for Windows XP and above
- USB Audio Class 2.0 is natively supported by macOS version 10.6.4 and above
- WDS-1 reference DAC x 1
*** AC power cord and audio cables are not included